- Coastal location
- 3 bedroom house
- Allocated parking
- En suite & storage to master
- Downstairs W/C
35% Shared Ownership (new home)
- Share price:
- 35 %
- Monthly rent:
- Monthly service charge:
Discover August Fields
Built upon a bronze age fort at the mouth of the River Ouse, with a strong maritime history, the harbour town of Newhaven may be small but still delivers on location. Nestled between the South Downs and the south coast, less than 10 miles east of Brighton, Newhaven offers you the chance to live close to the coast, countryside and city.
With its cross-channel ferry service, port and marina, Newhaven will appeal to anyone who dreams to be at sea. Newhaven Fort is a local attraction, but there are plenty of nearby sights to explore including Paradise Park botanical gardens and Seven Sisters Cliffs. Stay local for beach walks, a variety of pubs and independent restaurants, or easily spend hours walking around North Laine and along the seafront in nearby Brighton. Those looking for higher pastures have all of the South Downs to explore with walks starting alongside the River Ouse.
August Fields brings three and four bedroom homes to this great location, just outside of Newhaven town centre accessible via Brighton Road. A range of unique homes are available at this semi-rural development which backs onto open countryside, with every home featuring private parking and private gardens. A 20 minute walk or 3 minute drive to Newhaven Town station connects commuters with Brighton and London.
The July at August Fields
- 3 bedroom mid terrace town house
- 95 sq m
- 1 allocated parking space
- Open plan kitchen/dining/living
- Rear turfed garden with patio area
- En-suite and storage to master bedroom
- Contemporary kitchen with double oven, gas hob and extractor
- Washing machine, fridge-freezer and dishwasher
- Utility room
- Wool blend 80/20 mix carpet fitted to living areas
- Gas central heating
- Estimated monthly service charge: £38.28
- Available to purchase outright
- Tenure: Freehold
- Council tax band: TBC
- Fantastic location
- Close to 'outstanding' and 'good' Ofsted rated schools
- Newhaven has essentials less than a 5 minute drive or a 20 minute walk from August Fields, with supermarkets Lidl and Sainsburys, and a high street with a post office, a pharmacy and a library
- Offering a cityscape, countryside and coastline all within 30 minutes from August Fields
- 3 minute drive to Newhaven Town Train Station, and just 21 minutes by car to Brighton
A new haven awaits you
Newhaven has essentials less than a 5 minute drive or a 20 minute walk from August Fields, with supermarkets Lidl and Sainsburys, and a high street with a post office, a pharmacy and a library. In the centre of town you’ll find Seahaven Swim & Fitness Centre, just a 5 minute walk from the station so there’s time to workout before or after the commute. At The Drove Retail Park, DIY shops are on hand to help you add the finishing touches to your new home. Paradise Park is not only a garden centre but also has plenty to entertain children with a play zone and garden trails, a 4 minute drive from August Fields.
Admire West Quay’s variety of boats from popular Italian cafe and restaurant, Luna Rossa Italian with authentic pasta, pizza and of course seafood. L’Isola Buona is an aladdin’s cave of Italian produce hidden away on the Bridge Industrial Estate, and also offers fresh coffee and bites to eat. For pub lunches and a drink after work, there are several great pubs in town including The Hope Inn, The Ark, The Engineer and Flying Fish.
Take the brilliant opportunity to dive locally with Newhaven Scuba at their own Open Water Dive site, or start with the basics and build up to becoming certified. Experienced divers can even see shipwrecks from all eras in the channel. Stay above water with the Newhaven Gig Rowing Club on the River Ouse and enjoy a hard earned pub lunch in Lewes or get out to sea at the bay.
Local schools rated Good by Ofsted include neighbouring primary school Breakwater Academy, Harbour Primary and Nursery School and Denton Community Primary School and Nursery, as well as secondary school Seahaven Academy. Rated Outstanding by Ofsted are primary school High Cliff Academy and independent school Compass Community School South.