Skip to main content

Quayside, Totnes

Totnes, Devon, TQ9 5AL

Quayside is our development of apartments close to the Rivert Dart and will be exclusively available for those over fifty-five.

View Brochure Enquire

2 bedroom apartments AVAILABLE NOW

Development overview

Quayside is our development of apartments close to the River Dart and will be exclusively available for those over fifty-five.  The development will feature a great complex of Shared Ownership apartments and will include a café bistro, activity areas, and a 'pamper suite' where residents can arrange haircuts, manicures and beauty treatments.

These brand new 1 & 2 bedroom apartments will be offered for sale by Guinness Homes and are located close to the River Dart and just a couple of minutes by car to the town centre. This Riverside development in Totnes will enable you to live in your own property and access on site care and support services as and when you may need them.

Why buy from Guinness Homes?

Our new homes are more popular then ever. We aim to create new homes that are energy efficient, feature contemporary designs and excellent build quality.

All our homes are independently assessed during construction and covered by an NHBC 10-year Buildmark warranty (or equivalent).

When you buy new from us you can be assured that we have given thought to:

  • Insulation standards - to ensure your home is efficient to run

  • Your safety when we are continuing to build near your new home

  • Making sure water efficient appliances are used

  • The facilities near your home

We also have a dedicated team of Sales Consultants who will keep you updated on the progress of your new home as it is being built.

Come and take a look around

Please call us on 0300 456 0522 or email to book in your viewing appointment.

You can follow the button below to open directions in your favourite navigation application.

Show the Way

Apply now

Apply now

A video tour

A customer interview

Frequently asked questions

Can I buy a home at Quayside outright?

Quayside is a Shared Ownership and rental development. There aren’t any properties available to purchase outright.

However, you can buy using our Shared Ownership scheme. Shared Ownership works here by purchasing 75% of the property and Guinness will retain ownership in the remaining 25%.

There is no rent to pay on the remaining 25% - you just pay a service charge for the communal facilities and the upkeep of the grounds and buildings.

The homes will be leasehold and have a 125 year lease.

Can I RENT a home at Quayside?

If you wish to RENT a home at Quayside please contact South Hams Council.  They'll help you register to join the Devon Home Choice waiting list.

How many homes are available?

Quayside ia a brand new retirement community in Totnes.

There will be a total of 60 new apartments exclusively for the over fifty-five’s.

30 of these will be for shared ownership sale and 30 will be for affordable rent.

When will I be able to move in?

The apartments are ready to move into as soon as you're ready.

What if I have a partner UNDER 55?

All household members must be fifty-five or over.

What communal facilities will be available?

  • Beautifully designed communal gardens and seating areas

  • Reception foyer

  • A café/bistro

  • An expansive terrace with views to the river

  • A pamper suite/treatment room with assisted bathroom

  • On site parking

  • A meeting/activity room

  • Secure entry system with fob access

  • Lifts to all floors

  • A drying area

  • Mobility scooter parking/charging area

What happens if I die?

If you die, your home will be passed on in the normal way under the terms of your will. If you have not made a will it will pass under the laws of intestacy. If you have left your home to someone in your will and they are over fifty-five then the lease could be transferred to them. If they wish to live in the property they would need to sell any current home before ownership could transfer.

Alternatively the home could be sold using The Guinness Partnership resale service and any funds raised would be transferred to your estate.

What does the wellbeing service charge cover?

You can find out more information about our wellbeing service by downloading our wellbeing leaflet.

What is Shared Ownership?

Shared Ownership is another way to buy your home. You buy a percentage and pay rent on the rest. Guinness owns part of it - but you're living there, you decorate it and decide when to sell.

Buying a percentage means a smaller deposit and a smaller mortgage.

Apply now

Apply now


Make an enquiry